Saturday, January 22, 2011

Disaster

I was going to post about how Milo seemed sound at the walk and trot last night, and how he was turning with all his weight on the left hind. I was going to post how it made me sad that I couldnt go to the show this morning. I was going to post that I think Milo may be on the fast road to recovery.

But at 3:30pm as I was cleaning the horse pastures, I got a call from Boyfriend.

His cousin, Jason, who has been clearing the property for us, and who we are close to as a family, lost his house to a tragic fire yesterday morning.

Suquamish Home and Contents Destroyed in Fire - North Kitsap Herald

I cannot even fathom this happening.

You hear of it happening to other people, but to someone in your family it really changes.

Suddenly, Im not feeling such self pity.

1 comment:

in2paints said...

So sorry to hear about the fire... and also the loss of their kitty. Definitely puts things into perspective. I hope they're back on their feet soon.

I am glad to hear Milo is doing better.