Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On Another Note About Bits

While briefly surfing the tack room for bits, I found this one
The exact same one I posted in the comments yesterday as one I may be interested in. So Im planning on leaving a note to the owner asking if I can borrow it for a few rides when Milo is ready, to get an idea of its a bit I would like to buy.

I had asked my BO who owned the bit, and than she also offered me usage of her bit too. I cant find a picture to do justice, but its about a five inch shank with an almost square low port, and very mobile, if that makes sense. I think however, that a more fixed mouthpiece will work better for Milo, although Im not positive about that, I just need to try a few out.

Thanks to everyone for all the opinions and comments about bitting Milo. I will shut up about bits now for a while. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like one to try - it'll be interesting to see what he thinks about it.

paint_horse_milo said...

Might as well, if the owner of the one at the barn lets me use it. He doesnt seem to mind the tongue pressure of the snaffle hes in now, but thinks could change once leverage is involved.