Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bareback

Yesterday I rode Milo bareback as part of my New Years Resolution to regain my bareback seat. I borrowed my friend's bareback pad because last time I rode Milo bare he knew he had the advantage and was being a royal pill about everything. Yesterday the pad helped secure me to him better so I could better get results out of him and not have to worry so much about my grip (however, I do feel the side effects in my thighs from the about half hour bareback ride). But I did get probably the best bareback lope from him I ever have. I got him to be rounded and semi-relaxed.

I also noticed that he is much more dull to my left leg than to my right. Something I hadnt really noticed in the saddle. Hmm. I do know that my saddle is about a half to inch larger than I need which automatically puts me in an incorrect position for me, so I have to put myself into my correct position which of course, is not that of the saddle. I think this may be a factor. Im currently trying to do a trade with my crates for a Crates Reining saddle in a 15.5 or 16" seat.

In the meantime, I think I will continue to use the bareback pad when I can to help improve my seat and work Milo through his bareback issues. I need to make the most of its usage however because my friend who owns it leave for WSU in about a month!

No comments: