Thursday, March 11, 2010

In need of updates...

Last Monday the Thunderbird Rodeo Drill Team that I am a member of had out first practice of the year. It was a lot of fun as they always are. We have a few new members this year so the practice helped everyone get to each other and their horses better. Our pattern should be pretty awesome this year, its got some cool elements to it.

Milo did well. My concerns this year is that I dont want to compromise any of his training. Ie not staying round and moving correctly. But we will see how the next few practices go...its hard to train at the same time as going fast and holding a flag...

I ordered a set of mecate reins and quick change slobber straps today. 22' mecates so Im waiting for those and am excited for that.

Milo had a retard moment and pulled back in the crossties on Monday and ended up breaking his rope halter. So I had to buy a new one of them too. Strange, Milo wasnt even spooked as far as I could see (or at least any good reason to spook). In fact, I was just starting to take him out of the crossties when he freaked. I dunno...its puzzling for sure. And frustrating to have to buy another halter....

Anyways, more later.

No comments: