Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Sunny Day in WA

Today was a typical Friday; turnout Milo, clean pastures, drink some vault and take a break, chat with others at the barn, than finally get to riding.

And what a good ride it was!! Milo was great. We rode in the ourdoor arena, which he always likes. He always seem to have great rides in the outdoor ring. We worked on about 20m circles at a walk trot and lope, and he did very well at all three gaits. His work to the right (esp at a lope) is still inconsistent and I can tell he is having some physical difficulty with it due to his previous rib outage, and also the stiffness on the right side of his neck, making it hard to be soft, round, and keeping from falling into the circle. But he did great and tried really hard for me.

Heres a pic of my new saddle on Milo today, before I started the ride. Its a Crates all around, and has a leather seat! Which has been an adjustment getting used to it from the suede seat on my roper! Excuse the poor quality of the photo, it was taken on my phone. And the sun was out today, but I think it hid behind a cloud when I took the photo!

No comments: