Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Day

Today was a good day in general, but specifically with Milo. As I cleaned pastures, he got to be turned out in a large pasture which he loved very much. Afterwards, I did some groundwork in the outdoor arena than rode briefly. Our groundwork went very well in fact (it could be he tuckered himself out from running like a psycho in turnout, but I'd like to think he was just listening and being a good boy). So I tacked him up and rode, and he did very well. It was probably only about a ten to fifteen minute ride, but he was focused, relaxed and calm. I have a suspicion that a big reason is the outdoor arena. For some reason, I get very calm, willing rides and workouts from him while down there, which is leading me to suspect that he doesnt like the enclosure of the covered arena, with there being only two small openings (the front entrance, and the rear entrance) for him to look out of.

At any rate, heres a nice photo I got of him today in the pasture:



No comments: