Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Equine Bucket List

Inspired by Fuglyhorseoftheday's post on personal equine bucket lists, here is mine:
Go to the NFR in Las Vegas
See the Equestrian World Games, or the Equestrian Olympic Games
Ride a dressage horse
Ride a draft horse
Ride a gaited horse
Take a week-long (or at least weekend long) trail ride/camp out preferably with my significant other
Compete in a reining competition with Milo
Ride a cutting horse
Help on a real working cattle ranch
Learn how to rope, Im only so so

Im sure there are more and maybe I can add to this later. But to update on Milo's progress, I longed him again tonight and Im glad to report that in only about ten minutes I had his focus on me very consistently. It was a good workout mentally and physically for Milo. Later in the cross ties he was quite content I think with his new knowledge that Mom is the leader. Nina: 4 Milo:0

No comments: