Monday, October 19, 2009

Back From Twisp...

This post is a bit off topic for this blog, but I got some nice pictures and it sure was a blast!

Wes and I got back from Twisp on Monday, where he hunted for Mule deer here in Washington. Wes ended up shooting a nice 4x4 Muley with a 22"x18"rack, and about 250 lbs on the hoof! Lots of meat to last us! He shot it from his tree stand off Thomspon Ridge with his 300 Weatherby. And let me tell you, it was a hike up that mountain to get to his spot! I helped pack in his gear on Friday, and pack out his gear and gun after he shot it. Lucky for him, he shot the buck on the first morning of the opening day for the season, only about 4 or 5 hours into his hunt. And what an amazing buck! Many only see a buck like him after hunting years in that area. This buck has some nice mass in his antlers, and a chocolate color indicating he came from high country.

So heres a nice picture of Wes and I with his new trophy for the wall (this will make deer head number 4 on the wall - among some other critters).

And I snapped a few nice shots of a pretty Mule doe on the side of the road...such big ears!! But what a sweet little face!
She was so cute standing on the side of the road, literally like 2 feet away from me!



No comments: