Sunday, July 21, 2013

Exploring the Trails

I learned of a trail entrance across the street from my house about three years ago, when we moved into our place. My friend showed me with her horses, although she has since moved. It had been at least two years since we rode the trails so I wasnt sure if they were accessible still or not. Nevertheless, I tacked up Milo and headed out. Although there was a gate put up at one entrance, there is another way into the trail system just past it, so thats where I took Milo. 

There is a cool bridge for us to cross to get there too!


We enjoyed a nice trail ride for about an hour and a half, exploring trails I had once been done before, and re-mapping some of the trail system again. Although I could spend hours upon hours out there, I stayed on the general path, leaving all of the side-trails for later exploration. I really like these trails out here though; there's not only more then where we used to be, but a larer variety of "real" trails, aka, cut in the wood, not log trails. 

Some are more open, some have more tree coverage, some are rockier, and some are soft grass. I can see us spending a lot of time out here!


Another perk is that we have to pass the neighbor's horses to get there. Since Milo came home on Friday, he has called to the neighbor horses, who return the greeting to him. But he cant see them from his paddock. I hope that since we passed them and he saw where and who they are, it will make him feel a bit less lonely. Or it could make him long to be with them more...time will tell. In the meantime, I am searching for a companion for him...more on that later. ;)

No comments: