Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Saddle Fitting

So Milo made a nice big obvious exclamation to me yesterday. Ive been riding him bareback a lot during the weekdays after work, and as I was saddling him last night for a ride he gave some obvious pinning of the ears and trying to walk away, which are behaviors he never exhibits while saddling. I had a sneaky suspicion that there was some issue with the fit of his saddle, but now Im looking a lot more seriously at getting a professional saddle fitter to come out and check everything out. Its so great how horses will let you know when something is amiss. I will just have the bite the bullet and pay the minimum $75 for the consultation, but his back is worth it. And I'm not highly suprised that his saddle could now not fit him, after all, I got it fit for him back when he was three and at five years old now, I know that he sure has grown and changed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice name, and very beautiful horse. i love riding and i own a beautiful horse with a English saddles.