Monday, April 4, 2011

They Finally Came!

You might be thinking its the big moment, right? That my saddle finally came?! Well, note the "they". I dont know the last time I refered to a saddle in plural. BUT, something else beautiful and fantastic, and something I had been waiting for since my 20th birthday in July finally are finished. Thank you to Boyfriend, for the great birthday present! They are my beautiful, custom chinks. It was a long time coming, but they finally are finished, paid for, and brought home.

Now, enjoy the beauty that is to follow...

Basketweave and silver dotting

Beautiful antique conchos, and all the braiding is hand done in Kangaroo leather.

Hand twisted fringe!
NO one can try and claim these to be theirs...
Incredible detailing...
Buckle matches the antique conchos. Attached with bleeding knot, my personal favorite and found on my headstall.

The finished piece: chinks in bullhide leather.
These chinks are more than just custom, they are a one of a kind masterpiece! I cant wait to start showing them off on the trail, in the arena, and whenever possible!

What amazes me most about these are how much the maker took my ideas, and ran with them, to create something I never could have even asked for. I had picked the leather, told him I wanted silver dotting, basketweave, and my name, and that was about it. I had sent a few photos from images online I liked, so I guess he just got an idea of what I like and rolled with it. He nailed everything right on the head too! The antique conchos are gorgeous, and exactly my style. Coupled with the twisted fringe and detailed Kangaroo braiding. Fabulous, so much more than I was anticipating.

Be jealous...be very jealous.

5 comments:

Amy Lou said...

Oh, I am jealous. Gorgeous! I had never seen the hand twisted fringe before. I love it! Enjoy.

Molly @ View From a Saddle said...

Oh they're so pretty!!

horsegenes said...

Oh I am jealous... over the top jealous. They are awesome. I have been debating on whether or not to Chink or Chap. Those could easily make up my mind! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Kel, I have a pair of black eq chaps, so it was time to go with a pair of FUN chinks. :)

in2paints said...

Those are stunning! The details really are amazing... congratulations! :)