Monday, June 21, 2010

Cute Pictures and Vets

Firstly, I wanted to post these adorable photos of Milo that my friend Heather took of him the other day. Shes been putting her three year old paint mare Missy out with him for a few hours a day so she can enjoy some grass and company.

Playing ball tukers him out!
I guess she took his mask off, and than he took it from her!

Milo looking majestic!

In veterinary news, I called Dr Hills and he said that the fact that Milo is sound means dont raise the alarm. The fact that there is fluid increasing could raise some concern but nothing at this time, only if he gets worse/lame.

He did say that if I really wanted to know what was going on and what I could expect to be able to do with Milo in his lifetime, I could spring for Orthoscopic Surgery, that would pretty much be an investigative/exploratory surgery to try and find out what is going on. $4K tune to that. Out of the budget for sure.

He said that another option could be to do a hock injection and than us that as a baseline; what does it help him with, if anything, how long does it help him for, etc. And try and determine how often he might need the injections if that be the case. A tune of $400 a pop. I cant see spending 400/6 months for the rest of his life.

In the meantime, Dr Hills said I should continue with the routine I am doing with him; keep him on the supplements (expected for the rest of his life now) and continue riding him at the lesser degree that I have been doing. He said if I wanted to, I could try and push the envelope a bit (ie more stops on the haunches, turns, etc) but keep a sharp eye on any changes that could happen, and back off accordingly if necessary. Of course, I dont want to push anything and possibly make something worse, so I dont think that I will be doing that.

No comments: